Directions by foot (Royston)

Exit the station and turn right onto Kneesworth Street towards Queens Road

Continue to walk on Kneesworth Street

And the junction go straight over

Our offices will be on the left on John Street.

Estimated Walk time = ten minutes from the station.

Wheelchair accessibility (Royston)

Unfortunately this office is not fully accessible via wheelchair. There is a small step at the front of the the building which can be overcome with a little help if needed.  Please call us and let us know you are planning to visit and we will do our best to assist.  Alternatively, we can book a home visit if that is more convenient for you.

Directions by car (Saffron Walden)

From Junction 9a of the M11

Exit at junction 9a of the M11 towards Cambridge and Saffron Walden

At the roundabout take the third exit on to the B184

Continue to follow the B184/Walden Road (1.8 miles)

At the roundabout take the second exit

Continue on Walden Road (2.7 miles)

Our offices will be on the left.

Directions by rail (Saffron Walden)

The closest and most accessible train station to our Saffron Walden branch is Audley End Station. This station has daily train services from both Cambridge and Stansted.

Directions by foot (Saffron Walden)

As it is a two mile walk from Audley End station, we recommended that you take either the 59, 60 or 301 bus into Saffron Walden High Street. Or there is taxi service outside the station.

Wheelchair accessibility (Saffron Walden)

Unfortunately this office is not accessible via wheelchair. We can offer you a home visit as an alternative. Please phone us to book one.

Are heads of term necessary?

By producing a set of heads of terms, it helps to identify the needs of all parties to a property transaction. They highlights any issues that will determine how to structure the transaction before legal costs are incurred. If all the deal-making decisions have already been decided, they can often help to speed up the drafting process of legal documentation. Heads of terms are usually stated to be ‘subject to contract’. They are not legally binding and are only used as a way to set out the fundamental conditions of the transaction.  

What information do I need to sell commercial land or rent it out as a landlord?

If you are selling land or renting it out as a landlord you may be asked to provide replies to commercial property standard enquiries before exchange of contracts. These enquiries include questions on a range of aspects including:

The physical condition of the property

How the property can be accessed

Any maintenance agreements for any boundaries to the property

Insurance policy documentation

Asbestos survey reports

Fire risk assessments

Planning permissions and/or building regulation completion certificates

Energy performance certificates

Electrical installation certificates

Information on the VAT position and capital allowances.  

To speed up ths process, it is advisable to have this information and/or documentation to hand. The replies given are relied upon by the proposed purchaser or tenant. It is therefore very important that the replies are as accurate as possible.  They must not be in any way misleading and must be kept up-to-date until exchange of contracts or completion of the lease, otherwise you may find yourself liable for a claim. 

Can a solicitor act for both the buyer and the seller, or the landlord and the tenant?

There are very limited circumstances when the same firm of solicitors can act for both the buyer and the seller, or the landlord and the tenant. The Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011 (SRACC 2011) sets out a number of strict rules in connection with the proper handling of conflicts of interests between clients. A firm must never act where there is a potential conflict or a significant risk of conflict. This is to ensure that the solicitor only acts in your best interest. Tees has a dedicated compliance team who regularly assess the potential conflict of interest in matters on which we are instructed. 

Can a solicitor act for my bank as well as me in a transaction?

The Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011 (SRACC 2011) suggests that a firm should only act for both the lender and the borrower in the following circumstances:

·         if the mortgage is on standard terms

·         it is able to act in the client’s best interests

·         the certificate of title required by the lender is in the form approved by the Law Society and UK Finance.

It is essential that there are no potential conflicts of interest. 

We understand your situation and our expert team are here to help

Get in touch to speak with someone who can help you move forward.

A father and daughter walking their Labrador in a green field
Designed and built by Onespacemedia