HR Business Partner - Fixed Term
Business Partner 12-month FTC Maternity cover
This role is subject blended working with an expectation of 3 days in the office (Cambridge). Some travel is expected across Tees offices.
Tees Law are a Top 200 UK law firm, with over 325 staff across our 6 offices, we provide expert legal services and independent financial advice. We work for individuals and businesses, professional partnerships, charities, national corporations, and institutions. We were founded in 1913, and have grown from a traditional family firm with strong roots. Tees vision is to be the firm of choice for exceptional service. We pride ourselves in being easy to talk to - we talk openly, honestly and with empathy. No matter how complex a situation, we provide straightforward, long-term solutions for a better future. Drawing on our years of experience, we're driven to anticipate our customer needs and share our insights. At Tees we want to create a better future for our clients, for yourself, your career, and your family.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Working closely with your allocated Client Groups, you will support Senior Leadership to progress an HR agenda that supports organisational goals and mitigates any Employment issues. You will develop your learning to become the HR expert within the functions that you support and be the primary HR contact for employees in those areas.
Acting as a coach and trusted advisor to our people managers, you will enable the management team to make informed and considered people-related decisions and build cross functional collaboration.
Enhancing the employee experience by delivering a responsive and high-quality HR service, you will be responsible for the full employee life cycle, including recruitment, performance management, development, ER, Wellbeing and Engagement. You will also have responsibility for ad-hoc projects.
Developing strong relationships with relevant managers and key stakeholders, you will work to high standards and provide added value by understanding your client groups, getting to know the employees within them and working in partnership with the Management Teams and with employees to pre-empt issues, deliver proactive support and analyse trends to find solutions and address areas of concern and/or opportunities for improvement.
You will take the HR lead for absence, disciplinary, grievance, sickness and other employee issues, providing guidance and process or policy advice.
Continuously learning, you will keep up to date by way of HR approaches, Employment Law changes and best practice and will be committed to understanding the Legal and Financial Services Industries, researching and self-learning where needed to gain insight and knowledge alongside any other training provided.
Understanding training requirements for employees in your client groups (as an outcome of our annual appraisal process), reviewing budgets and recommending solutions, you will also be aware of those Trainees in your area and will collaborate with other stake holders on their career development.
Working with the Director of People, 1 other HR BP, 3 HR Coordinator/Administrators, and an internal recruitment team, you will work collaboratively as part of the Tees HR Team, sharing best practice, highlighting areas for continuous improvement, and requesting support when needed.
For more information, please click here to view the job description.
- Experience in a HR operational role.
- Experience of delivering training or presenting.
- Communicates well both orally and in writing and on social media platforms
- Good understanding of employment legislation.
- Accurate recording of information, attention to detail. Experience of management data systems.
- Experience of building effective relationships with managers, stakeholders, and partners.
- Professional and confidential. Acting calmly in a crisis, tactful, determined, quick-thinking, but methodical and consistent.
- Computer and web literate and other new media, strong ICT skills. Experience using Microsoft, HR systems, and social media. Good use of excel for production of analytics.
- It would be desirable to have experience of using Crystal Reports.
- Flexibility of working hours to meet business needs.
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek advice.
- Resilient in a changing environment and ensure that the HR work evolves to be focused on the employee experience.
- Knowledge of payroll systems, financial and non-financial benefits.
- CIPD qualification and/or equivalent of experience to deliver the role.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in applying Employment Law, managing complex ER issues
If you are ambitious, driven, and want to work with a company focused on helping give our clients a better future, then you are aligned in our aim to achieve that and empower you to be your absolute best. You will have a blended working schedule, giving you the freedom to arrange your days to benefit your commitments - in and out of the office. You will also receive access to a discount platform with a variety of perks, that caters to your individual needs. We understand that both the big and small details are important and believe that rewarding staff for their contributions and investing in their future is vital to the growth of our firm.
Reward and Recognition:
- An attractive salary
- Discretionary payments
- Birthday holiday
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with entitlement increasing with length of service
- Compassionate leave
- Employee assistance programme through Health Assured (including Counselling sessions, 24/7 access to trained Counsellors, Health Assessments, 4-week wellness programs, and more)
- Contributory pension
- Discounted legal services
- Discounted financial advice services
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Interest free season ticket and travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care
- Access to a discount platform that includes special rate cinema tickets and shopping discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Social events throughout the year
- Payment for professional memberships and development opportunities