Paralegal - Medical Negligence
We are looking to appoint a Paralegal to join our Medical Negligence team in our Chelmsford office.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Medical Negligence team to be based in our Chelmsford office.
Tees is recognised as a top-tier Legal 500 Medical Negligence firm, and as one of the longest standing and highly respected Medical Negligence practices in the East of England, we can provide a great setting for a professional and ambitious Paralegal. We are committed to providing a knowledgeable, empathetic and supportive service to our clients, and would like to welcome a driven Paralegal with the same commitment to join us.
As a Paralegal in our Medical Negligence team, some of your duties will consist of:
- Assisting prospective clients and existing clients with complaints about medical treatment and inquests
- Conducting medical and legal research as required
- Assisting with drafting statements
- Requesting and sorting medical records
- Drafting, proof reading and editing documents as necessary
- Attending inquests, court applications and trials
To view the full job description, please click here.
This role is suited to a candidate that has completed a law degree, or a qualifying degree and the GDL one year conversion course. A passion for medical negligence work is essential and experience delivering medical negligence work is desirable.
If you are keen to utilise your experience and are an enthusiastic team player who likes to exceed expectations with a strong customer focus - send us your CV with a brief cover letter outlining why you are perfect for Tees!
If you are ambitious, driven, and want to work with a company focused on helping give our clients a better future, then you are aligned in our aim to achieve that and empower you to be your absolute best. You will have a blended working schedule, giving you the freedom to arrange your days to benefit your commitments - in and out of the office. You will also receive access to a discount platform with a variety of perks that caters to your individual needs. We understand that both the big and small details are important and believe that rewarding staff for their contributions and investing in their future is vital to the growth of our firm.
Reward and Recognition:
- An attractive salary
- Discretionary payments
- Birthday holiday
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with entitlement increasing with the length of service
- Compassionate leave
- Employee assistance programme through Health Assured (including Counselling sessions, 24/7 access to trained Counsellors, health assessments, 4-week wellness programs, and more)
- Contributory pension
- Discounted legal services
- Discounted financial advice services
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Interest free season ticket and travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care
- Access to a discount platform that includes special rate cinema tickets and shopping discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Social events throughout the year
- Payment for professional memberships and development opportunities