Trainee Trust and Tax Accountant
Here at Tees we have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Trust and Tax Accountant to work within our growing Trust and Tax Accountancy team, that forms part of our wider Private Client department. You will work closely with the Head of our Trust and Tax Accountancy team, Carl Frost, and will learn and progress by assisting our Solicitors and Trust Accountants in providing a quality, tailored and supportive tax and accountancy service to a range of clients.
This role does not require experience in accounting as full training will be provided, the right candidate will need to show an aptitude for numbers and a desire to learn and develop new skills whilst working within a growing and busy team.
The right candidate will be encouraged and supported to attain a relevant professional qualification, namely the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) taxation technician qualification (full membership).
The role and main responsibilities:
- · Actively participate in the tax team showing initiative and interest to learn the necessary skills and tools required to become a trust and tax accountant.
- · Deliver accountancy services in a manner which is cost-efficient for both the client and the firm, following instructions with accuracy.
- · Assist our team of trust accountants in the production of tax returns, trust accounts and estate accounts.
- · Enter financial data into the relevant computer systems, accurately and efficiently.
- · Submit completed tax returns to HMRC online.
- · Actively take part in administrative tasks in order to support the trust accountants such as filing and tax payments.
As a Trainee Trust Accountant your skills and qualifications will include:
- · Be able to work accurately and with a strong attention to detail.
- · Be comfortable with working with a computer, experience with the systems is not required but any work with accountancy computer programmes will be advantageous.
- · A basic understanding of book keeping would be desirable but not essential.
- · Holding A Levels or equivalent qualifications and have at a minimum grade B/5-6 in Mathematics GCSE.
- · Showing responsibility for own workload and an appreciation for managing that workload and adhering to time restrictions.
- · An enthusiasm about the area of specialism and desire to progress a career in the sector.
- · Ability to act calmly, tactful and efficiently under pressure.
- · Demonstrating a passion for and delivering a high level of client service.
To view the full job description, please click here.
If you would like to join and learn from a fantastic team that provide specialist tax and accounting services to a growing number of trustees, executors and individuals, within a dynamic firm with great career prospects then this role could be for you.