Child injury and paediatric negligence compensation claims

If you are unhappy with your child’s medical care or your child is left injured or ill as a result of a medical error, speak to one of our specialist medical negligence solicitors and we can help.

Janine Collier, Cambridge

What is child injury and paediatric negligence?

Medical errors can be life-changing for children and their families. We trust doctors and nurses to take good care of our children, but serious mistakes can happen – and if they do, a medical negligence solicitor can help you.

We've handled many child injury claims and so our lawyers really do have the practical experience to support you and your family. We understand that it is rarely about the money alone - for many people it’s more important to understand what went wrong and to make sure that the same thing never happens to another family. We’ll help you do that.

No win, no fee

We work on a no win, no fee basis, so there’s no need to worry about costs. Plus, our specialist solicitors provide an initial free assessment of your claim.

Examples of child injury and paediatric negligence claims

Examples of child injury negligence include:

  • birth injuries, including serious birth injuries such as Erb’s palsy and cerebral palsy
  • Delayed diagnosis of childhood conditions, such as congenital hip dysplasia, retinopathy of prematurity, meningitis, septicaemia, or tuberculosis 
  • delayed diagnosis of cancer in children, such as leukaemia, neuroblastoma, or brain/spinal cord tumours
  • delayed treatment provided to children 
  • mistakes in your child’s prescription, such as prescribing the wrong medicine or dose
  • failure to identify or properly treat fractures
  • failure to refer your child for further investigation or treatment.

How a compensation claim can help

We understand how an injury to a child can affect their future, and the future of the family as a whole. We will tell you if your child has a case for compensation and we'll help you get the best possible settlement for them. Compensation gives your child financial security for the future and can cover a wide range of costs including:

  • ongoing care, such as home visits by a nurse or professional carer
  • speialist equipment your child might need
  • housing needs, including adaptations
  • medical treatment and therapies. 

Nothing can make up for your child’s suffering, but compensation can help make life easier. 

We’re here to help

Come in for a free, confidential, no obligation chat, or fill out our enquiry form and we will let you know how we can help. We can also visit you at home if you wish.

Call our medical negligence solicitors on 0808 231 1320Call us for a free initial chat, at no obligation, or fill out our enquiry form and a solicitor will get in touch

We understand your situation and our expert team are here to help

Get in touch to speak with someone who can help you move forward.

A father and daughter walking their Labrador in a green field

Tees coronavirus update

We’re open and here to help you. We’re running as normal with our employees all working from home.

Find out more Show less

You can call us as normal on 0800 013 1165 or email us:

You can also find contact details for all our advisers here. 

As a flexible and technologically-adept firm, we already had many home-working systems in place. We have now rolled this technology out to all our employees working for clients, so they can continue to work normally - and from home.

If you are a client, please be assured you can get in touch with Tees and we are still working on your case. To replace face-to-face meetings, we have the facilities to do video-conferencing, conference calls or just speak on the phone, as you need.

Designed and built by Onespacemedia