I am the Head of the award-winning and Top Tier Legal 500 Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Team at Tees. I have been doing medical negligence work now for many years and have recovered £millions compensation for victims of medical accidents.
How can I help you?
I work with our specialist team of solicitors and experts to help our clients understand what happened; to help them access the best possible treatment and rehabilitation; to secure maximum compensation; and to be able to positively plan for the future.
I have a breadth of experience in all kinds of medical negligence cases, but more recently have sub-specialised in cases involving:
- Child birth injury, e.g. cerebral palsy, learning (neuro-cognitive) difficulties associated with extreme prematurity
- Adult brain injuries (in particular cases involving delays in diagnosing a brain tumour and strokes)
- Delayed diagnosis of sepsis
- Sight loss
My expertise and experience in these areas, combined with access to leading medical experts in the relevant fields enables me not only to rapidly identify the issues in the cases, to give straightforward realistic advice at the outset and to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients, but also to anticipate the need for and to provide appropriate help and support to clients pending resolution of the litigation. This may include access to financial advice and support, case management, rehabilitation etc.
What else should you know?
I graduated from Cambridge University and qualified as a solicitor in 2001 in a London firm, before moving to Ely, Cambridgeshire in 2006.
Away from the office, I enjoy spending time with my husband, teenage sons and two rescue doggies. I have been known to do some Obstacle Races and run a few marathons.
I I volunteer at Pos+Ability, a Cambridgeshire charity which offers a chair based exercise programme to those who have long term conditions such as Parkinsons, MS and stroke.
I have also received Visual Awareness Training from Support4Sight to enable me to best work to support those with sight loss.
Recent awards and accolades
I am on the Law Society medical negligence referral panel, the AvMA specialist medical negligence panel, and have been accredited as a Senior Litigator by APIL and an Accredited Clinical Negligence Specialist.
Many of my settled cases have been reported and I have written articles for numerous Medico-legal Journals. I am also involved in a number of industry Steering and Advisory Groups and Peer Review articles for Clinical Risk.
I have spoken at two Regional NHS Conferences and a Regional Optometry and Ophthalmology Meeting.
I contributed to th e new APIL Textbook on clinical negligence claims, published in 2018.
- Law Society Steering Group for the review of the Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme (2016)
- AvMA Advisory FRC Group (2016)
- Panellist at the AvMA Panel Meeting (2016)
- Professional Sector Network “Medical Negligence Adviser of the Year” (2017)
- Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Award for Personal Injury (2017)
- AI Legal Awards Clinical Negligence Advisor of the Year (2017)
- ACQ5 Global Awards Medical Negligence Lawyer of the Year (2017)
- Cambridge & District Law Society Woman Lawyer of the Year (2019)