How can I help you?
I am a senior commercial property associate based in our Bishop's Stortford office with over 17 years of real estate experience.
I act for a wide variety of clients including high net-worth individuals, property developers and builders, commercial property owners, local business owners, agricultural land owners, PLCs, charities, occupiers, and parish councils.
I have experience of many aspects of commercial property work particularly:
- the development of residential land overseeing the legal work from inception to final disposal including site assembly, acquisition, bank financing, overage, infrastructure, CIL/s.106 obligations site set up, plot sales and site handover;
- acquisition and disposals;
- asset investment and landlord and tenant work in the retail, office and industrial sectors.
Some of my recent work includes:
- Remortgage of a portfolio of London pubs with development potential where I advised on all property aspects including planning, re-development and onward sales.
- Advising on the grant of a long lease of 12 hectares of glasshouse utilising low grade renewable heat from a nearby sewage treatment works under the RHI scheme.
- Acting for the landowner on an option agreement in relation to agricultural land in Essex for large-scale residential development.
- Acting on the disposal of agricultural land in Hertfordshire for residential development subject to planning.
Delivering what you really need
I pride myself on getting to know my clients, their business and their short and long term objectives providing a mainly commercial orientated approach to informed by a sound knowledge of the relevant legal issues and focusing on what truly matters to get the job done for my clients in time and within budget.
One of my guiding principles as a solicitor is to make sure that whenever a client has a legal problem is to offer as many solutions to it as I can which are both legally sound but which most importantly of all are practical. In my experience, few solutions to legal problems are ideal (they usually have some hitch or snag which makes them undesirable in some way) so I see t as my role to help clients make the best decision they can in their particular circumstances.
I also think that when people buy from solicitors what they are buying is the benefit of the solicitor’s judgement and experience. My clients can rely upon me to use my experience to tell them how I think a particular situation might unfold and their best options, not just all their options.
What else should you know?
Besides having a masters degree (which sounds all well and good) I am also the son of a property developer and builder. Having spent many school holidays helping him out on building sites and so I do have an understanding of the practical side of buildings and development. Most importantly that experience taught me to find solutions that are practical, helpful and genuinely implementable.