Tees’ Corporate and Commercial team advise established UK, global and European logistics companies, entrepreneurs, and start-ups on a variety of corporate transactions and commercial arrangements.
Whether you are expanding, selling, merging, refinancing or just starting up a new business within the logistics sector, our team of specialist corporate solicitors will be able to assist you with all aspects of your business.
We work closely with businesses in the sector on the execution of their commercial strategy, aiming to manage legal risk pragmatically and to protect those businesses across their operations.
If you are operating in the last mile logistics we can assist with improving your efficiencies by accurately documenting the way you provide your services and ensuring all areas of risk are managed in a simple and straight-forward manner. We understand that no single delivery solution (e.g. light vans, e-Cargo bikes, autonomous ground vehicles and drones), suits all scenarios and we can work with you to put in place agreements for your commercial arrangements.
Our corporate legal services include advising on:
- Business start-up and company formations – we can advise you on all aspects of setting up a new business, from structuring through to risk and finance
- Acquisitions, disposals and mergers – we assist with all the legal formalities when you buy or sell a business, including negotiating heads of terms, managing the due diligence process, negotiating warranties and preparing disclosures, advising on finance and assist clients with post completion integration of acquisitions into existing groups. We quickly draw upon the expertise of other departments such as employment, property and litigation working seamlessly and collaboratively on your transaction
- Joint ventures and collaborations – we help set up legal structures enabling you to work with other businesses, from basic proposals of investment to more strategic alliances, we negotiate joint venture agreements, company or partnership constitutional documents and where necessary finance and security documents
- Group structures and intra group reorganisation – we have expertise in mergers and demergers, purchase of own shares, capital reduction and management buy-ins and buy-outs
- Shareholder advice – we provide you with advice on how to protect your investment by drafting bespoke shareholders’ agreements, investor agreements or option agreements
- Business owner’s responsibilities - We advise on the duties you owe to your business under the relevant constitutional documents and the applicable legislation
- Corporate finance - It’s important that you can access finance when the business really needs it. Whether you are looking to raise equity, debt finance or re-financing current debt our corporate team can support you in the process.
- Company secretarial - we can help to lighten your load by assisting with preparation and filing of your Confirmation Statement, updating any company changes at Companies House and updating or reconstituting your company registers
Our commercial legal services include advising on:
- Data protection – we can help guide you through the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and related data and privacy concerns, ensuring your meet your data protection obligations
- Intellectual property – we can help you make the most of your valuable intangible assets such as your brand, through advising on trade marks, copyright and how to protect your confidential information and specialised know-how
- Contracts – our specialist contract lawyers review, draft and negotiate the full range of contracts relevant to your business, including distribution agreements, warehousing and your standard customer terms which are vital for protecting your business interests and relationships with suppliers and other third parties. We can document all aspects of your supply arrangements, from storage to fulfilment, advise on INCO terms and freight forwarding and provide legal solutions to help reduce cost and mitigate risk across your operations. We aim to produce documents that you can adopt and manage easily as part of your own internal processes.
- Outsourcing – if you are considering outsourcing any function of your business (such as your warehouse management system or any back-office function like payroll) we can help you ensure that the outsourced provider meets your quality standards, delivers the service on time and budget, applies the right staffing levels and there is the right exit strategy in place if the provider fails to deliver or you wish to transfer the service to replacement provider. If you are offering such services to other businesses we can also advise you
- Technology contracts – we can draft and negotiate your business-critical technology contracts (such as your warehouse management system) to ensure you have clarity on service levels, scope of projects, costs, deadlines and ownership of the end product
- Branding and marketing: we have experts who can advise on creating, developing and protecting your brand and assist you with your marketing strategy, whether traditional print advertising, your website or digital through social media and other online marketplaces