The logistics sector has seen dramatic change over the past few years, with growth opportunities arising from an increase in online purchasing due to the global pandemic, the implications of Brexit and the speed at which the accompanying technology is evolving. At Tees we have been advising logistics businesses for many years- we advise global players in the industry, right down to owner-managed businesses and start-ups. We work closely with you to understand your unique needs and circumstances, so we can offer the best advice and help you achieve your goals.
Call our specialist solicitors on 0808 231 1320
Our team of logistic specialists provide a range of services to clients across the sector:
- Corporate Law - including mergers and acquisitions, putting in place the correct legal structure for your business, including assisting with company restructures, management buy-ins and buy-outs, advising on partnerships, joint ventures and start-ups
- Corporate finance – including advising on debt and equity investments, use of loan notes, asset finance, lease financing transactions and re-financing existing debt
- Commercial - including reviewing and drafting your standard business terms, contracts with your suppliers or other third parties, assessing areas or risk within existing contracts, advising on consumer terms and conditions, how to terminate contracts early, and Brexit implications on commercial terms, prices and tariffs
- Data issues - advising on GDPR and data protection law and its implications for your business, putting in place the necessary suite of data protection documents and policies relevant to your business and the sector
- Information technology and digital - including reviewing and advising on outsourcing your key IT systems, business critical software agreements and your digital marketing strategies
- Commercial property - including sale and purchase, investment property sale and purchase, leasing of industrial properties, warehouses and units, sale and leaseback, subleases and lease transfer, and financing and refinancing
- Dispute resolution and litigation - including breach of contract and sub-contractor disputes, supply chain disruption, property and lease disputes, corporate recovery and insolvency, company, partnership and franchise disputes, procurement issues, insurance disputes and force majeure advice on the jurisdiction of claims
- Employment Law - including employment contracts; employment-related disputes, settlement agreements, TUPE and outsourcing, grievances and disciplinary matters, staff reorganisations and redundancies, sickness and absence management, public interest disclosure/whistleblowing, Equality Act matters, drafting and enforcement of restrictive covenants, and Employment Tribunal claims
- Regulatory - including advising on health and safety, regulatory compliance, enforcement notices and litigation brought by professional bodies and enforcement agencies.
- Intellectual property - advising on protecting your company’s brand, including securing trade mark registrations as well as advising on patents, design rights and copyright, licensing your brand to help you maximise the value of your reputation and your intangible assets, and legal enforcement action to restore your rights to your intellectual property if it has been misused by others
- Wealth management - including advising directors on investments, pension schemes, protection for your business, and inheritance tax planning