Social housing

Managing social housing requires in-depth knowledge of the legal framework to deal effectively with the whole range of landlord and tenant issues.

Gez Gibbs, Brentwood

Legal specialists for social housing providers

If you’re a registered social landlord or run a housing co-operative, you’ll know that strong and thorough legal advice is the key to managing tenancies. So you’ll need advisers who understand the complex legal environment of social housing inside out, and who can help you set up a management system that works for you and all your tenants. All our advice is geared towards helping you manage your property effectively and efficiently, so you can provide the sort of service that keeps your tenants happy.

Landlord and tenant legal issues

Whether you have hundreds of properties or just the one, we have the skills and experience you need. We deal with landlord and tenant issues everyday, so we know exactly what sort of issues you face. We also have specialist legal teams to help with related matters such as tax and employment.

Tenancy agreements

We find that properly drafted tenancy agreements are the best starting point for good property management. You’ll also need strong procedures for dealing with any issues that may crop up including:

  • carrying out repairs
  • supporting tenants
  • claiming outstanding rent
  • taking possession.

Disputes with tenants

Occasionally, you will have to handle disputes with tenants. We can help you take legal action to resolve the situation. The sort of issues we can advise you on are:

  • possession orders
  • injunctions for antisocial behaviour
  • breaches of tenancy terms
  • unauthorised occupants.

Call for a FREE initial consultation on 0800 013 1165Call us for a FREE initial consultation, at no obligation. Alternatively, please fill out our enquiry form and a solicitor will contact you.

Enquiry form

We understand your situation and our expert team are here to help

Get in touch to speak with someone who can help you move forward.

A father and daughter walking their Labrador in a green field

Tees coronavirus update

We’re open and here to help you. We’re running as normal with our employees all working from home.

Find out more Show less

You can call us as normal on 0800 013 1165 or email us:

You can also find contact details for all our advisers here. 

As a flexible and technologically-adept firm, we already had many home-working systems in place. We have now rolled this technology out to all our employees working for clients, so they can continue to work normally - and from home.

If you are a client, please be assured you can get in touch with Tees and we are still working on your case. To replace face-to-face meetings, we have the facilities to do video-conferencing, conference calls or just speak on the phone, as you need.

Due to the circumstances, please call us if you would have wanted a home visit, and we can organise the best and safest way of being in touch.

Designed and built by Onespacemedia