Child custody arrangements

Our child law solicitors can advise on any legal issue involving children such as residence (custody), access and maintenance. We’ll help you get the best for your child, whatever your situation.

Sally Powell, Bishop's Stortford

Child custody arrangements

Our child law solicitors can help make the divorce easier on you and your children. We're here to make sure that your child's best interests are represented throughout the process.

Child custody (residence) issues and parental responsibility 

If you’re getting divorced, you and your partner need to agree who your children will live with. The legal language can sometime be confusing but ‘custody’, ‘residence’ and ‘living with’ all have the same meaning. 

In addition to who the child will live with, common child law issues a solicitor can help you work through include:

  • parental responsibility after divorce
  • who pays child maintenance
  • enforcing child maintenance payments
  • where the children should go to school
  • parenting plans after the divorce
  • access to the children after the divorce

Our family law experts can help you agree:

  • where your children will live
  • how much time they will spend with each parent
  • financial support and child maintenance
  • grandparents' visitation rights.

We’re here to help

Come in and see a family law solicitor for a FREE 20 minute face-to-face consultation about your options. Alternatively, if you want us to take a closer look at your situation, for a fixed fee of £150 + VAT, we can talk with you for up to 90 minutes.

Call our Family and Divorce law solicitors on 0808 231 1320

We understand your situation and our expert team are here to help

Get in touch to speak with someone who can help you move forward.

A father and daughter walking their Labrador in a green field

Tees coronavirus update

We’re open and here to help you. We’re running as normal with our employees all working from home.

Find out more Show less

You can call us as normal on 0800 013 1165 or email us:

You can also find contact details for all our advisers here. 

As a flexible and technologically-adept firm, we already had many home-working systems in place. We have now rolled this technology out to all our employees working for clients, so they can continue to work normally - and from home.

If you are a client, please be assured you can get in touch with Tees and we are still working on your case. To replace face-to-face meetings, we have the facilities to do video-conferencing, conference calls or just speak on the phone, as you need.

Due to the circumstances, please call us if you would have wanted a home visit, and we can organise the best and safest way of being in touch.

Designed and built by Onespacemedia