Diversification projects will often require expert legal advice across the board, from strategy, financing and planning permission to documentation, third party negotiations and regulatory compliance.
Whatever your commercial goals, our expert legal advisers can help you to ensure your core farming business is protected and your new investment complies with its legal obligations.
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to our rural clients, bringing together expertise from a range of teams to assist you with:
- Regulatory compliance: advising on health and safety obligations to ensure the business complies with legislation, and whether licences or consents are needed.
- Conversion of existing property: advising on conversion structures from commercial and industrial to residential.
- Renewable energy projects: we advise at the pre-option and option stages as well as the leasing and property arrangements, certificate of title and financing.
- Finance: if funding is needed, we work with your financial advisers to advise on financing options and ensure they meet any legal and regulatory requirements.
- Commercial issues: we advise on putting contracts in place as well as intellectual property and general business matters.
- Corporate concerns: our Corporate team works with our specialist succession team to develop the most tax-efficient trading structure for your new project – for example, partnership agreement or company structure.
We’re here to help
Our specialist lawyers are based in:
Essex: Brentwood, Chelmsford, and Saffron Walden
Hertfordshire: Bishop's Stortford and Royston
But we can help you wherever you are in England and Wales
Call our commercial property specialist solicitors on 0808 231 1320